To me it seems like everyone is getting amazing grades, while in the hardest class AND they’re not even trying!! I wish that was me. This year I am convinced that I will be like them. But it’s not as easy as it looks, you have to sacrifice a lot of time and put in a lot of effort, but trust me it’s worth it.
So let’s get to it.
1. The first thing you want to do is PAY ATTENTION during class! This will save so much extra study time and you will never be confused while doing homework.
2. Next, you need to make sure to take notes, this way you will remember things better, because it is proven that writing things down helps the info get stuck in your brain.
3. Also over the summer you should go ahead and prepare for the classes you are taking. I definitely would recommend Khan Academy because its free and has online videos that will explain ANYTHING you need help with.
4. If you need help with something ask your teacher, stop being shy, because if you never get around asking the question it will come back to haunt you.
5. READ!!! Reading makes you so much smarter because its a enjoyable way of getting info in your head, a great way to exercise your brain and it expands your vocabulary.
6. Stay organised. At the end of every month empty your folders and give each subject a separate place in your room to store the papers. Then when a huge exam comes up you can resort to these papers and study.
7. Always read the news and keep up to date with what is going on in the world. This will make you seem so much smarter to the people around you and you will be more in touch with whats going on.
8. Limit your time on the internet because many people get so distracted on their electronics that they forget to do homework and don’t know whats going on around them. During the time your on you phone watching (probably) useless videos you could be making yourself a lot smarter!
If you follow all these steps you will be smart in no time. Still being in school I know that it works, so you don’t have to worry about this wasting your time. Many people don’t understand how important their time is in middle school and high school (especially high school). But sadly the grades you get do strongly influence what college you get into, which strongly influences your job. So yes, it does matter that you try to get good grades, but to do so you need to be smart! So follow these steps and you will not regret it!
I will make sure to answer all questions in the comments!